The department of conservative dentistry and endodontics basically deals with the preservation and conservation of teeth. The ultimate goal of conservative dentistry is to restore the teeth to the best sate of health, function & esthetics. Endodontics deals with root canal treatment and associated surgical procedures, bleaching, management of traumatized teeth etc. The primary goal of this department is to train students to a level competent in restoration, rehabilitation and maintenance of dentition through their artistic talent and imagination.
Ø Root canal treatment ( RCT)
Ø All type of restorations
Ø Cosmetic smile designing
Ø Dental jewellery
Ø Bleaching of discolored teeth
Ø Conservative treatment for badly broken teeth
Ø Endodontic surgeries
- Well equipped, well ventilated, spacious & sophisticated undergraduate clinic with 34 dental units and post graduate clinic with 20 dental units.
- Preclinical laboratory equipped with 60 phantom heads with micromotor attachment.
- Seminar room with audio visual aids.
- Separate departmental library
- Radiography section with facility of radiovisiography (RVG)
- Laboratory for plaster work
We maintain high levels of sterilization and infection control for both UG & PG clinics.
SPECIAL EQUIPMENTS AND MATERIALS LIKE :
Ø Advanced rotary instruments
Ø Operating microscope
Ø Torque controlled endomotors
Ø Thermoplasticized gutta percha obturating systems
Ø Digital radiographs
Ø Digital apex locators
Ø Variable intensity lights
Ø All type of advanced materials